Welcome to my blog! My name is Alina Oswald. I am a writer, photographer, arts editor, and author of Journeys Through Darkness: A Biography of award-winning, legally blind photographer Kurt Weston.
I cover stories about HIV and AIDS, the LGBTQ+ community, women’s rights, as well as nature, and the environment.
In addition, I teach photography and photography-related courses, and photograph portraits, editorials, events, and ad campaigns for publications, business professionals, and small businesses.
I blog about photography, but not only. Here, you’ll read about:
- photography: everything and anything (mostly) related to photography, in general, and in detail
- visual storytelling
- photo gear
- “how I got that shot” posts, sharing the backstories of photography and the making of certain images
- Personal experiences when it comes to using/buying gear, entering photo contests, dos and don’ts, dealing with clients, and so on
- learning through and from photography
- interviews with photographers, and also other creatives and artists
- photography and activism, photography and photo art as protest art
- protest photography and artwork
- making photo art for a cause, supporting a cause, sending a message, telling a story
- and many others
Feel free to visit my website, follow me here, on my blog, as well as on social media, and contact me with any questions that you might have.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for stopping by!